Removing Your Cover From Spa:
1. Unfasten all locks and straps and remove all debris, twigs, etc. before opening cover.
2. Always remove cover completely. Never enter spa with cover in place. The cover could close and trap you inside.
3. When opening cover gently fold one side onto other. Never forcibly open or flip cover onto one side.
4. Always use cover handles to remove and replace your cover. Don't jerk or pull your cover or its straps, especially when vinyl is softened by heat, to prevent threads from tearing vinyl.
5. Cover lifts make removing the cover an easy task and are strongly recommended.
6. Always replace and lock cover when spa is not in use, improperly secured covers are a hazard.
Do's and Don'ts:
• Do not sit, walk, stand or place heavy objects on cover. Do not allow children or pets on cover.
• Keep snow from accumulating on cover. Don't allow puddling of water on cover top, a child can drown on top of cover.
• Keep your cover clean and free of dirt. Remove fallen leaves or other debris immediately to avoid color leaching.
• Avoid scraping the cover on abrasive surfaces.
• Don't expose your cover to extreme heat and cold (-20°F/150°F) and stress conditions which could result in tears or other damage.
• Avoid exposing your cover to excessive chemicals - remove cover when adding chemicals to your spa. Any texture change or extreme discoloration of bottom material indicates chemical burn. Having water chemistry tested by a professional is recommended.
• If foam inserts become cracked, heavy, or damaged in any way replace them immediately to avoid further damage to cover.
• Additional wind strap tie-downs may be necessary in windy areas.
Cleaning and Conditioning Your SpaMate Spa Cover:
1. Remove cover from spa (detergents can stain the spa's wooden skirt and you don't want soap in your spa water).
2. Soak cover with water.
3. Use a mild liquid detergent and a sponge or soft bristle brush. Dishwashing liquid works well (use 2 gallons of water with 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid). Baking soda is also an effective cleaner.
4. Scrub cover using a circular motion.
5. Rinse well and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
6. Apply SpaMate Cover Care with a clean, dry cloth or damp sponge and let dry. Regular use of a leather and vinyl conditioner helps prevent drying and cracking. Saddle soap can also be used - follow instructions on container.
7. Return cover to spa and reattach all locks and straps.
8. Monthly cleaning and conditioning is recommended to maintain the cover's quality.
Click here to download a PDF Version of "Proper Use & Care of Your SpaMate Spa Cover."
|Order with your
spa brand here!